Sunday, December 03, 2006

Write to SGT Esterle.....

In early October Seth and I joined the adopt a soldier angel program. It is a program designed to help make sure every soldier recies a letter at least once a month. M ail is soooo important to our troops and is sometimes a lifeline since it improves their moral and self worth. We wanted to do our part to help out a soildier and applied to the program. We were matched with a SGT in the Army (hey, thats ok) and have been writing to him at least twice a month plus we just sent a Christmas box. We Hvae recieved one letter and two e-mails from him and he seems to be an outstanding soldier who, like many others, are helping to support his single mom. I want to share his address with you just in case you find yourself with an extra Christmas card, please send it his way. He is very thankful and be sure to let him know you are part of the Rosendall family.

Robert Esterle
SGT Robert Esterle
656 TC Rebuild
APO AE 09381

Robert says:HELLO!!! This Angel's program has changed the esteem of so many soldiers over here. It us we who should thank you for what you do for us. Life isn't too bad over here, but some things are so hard to come by. Crunchy Peanut butter is a fav of mine, but hard to get. I also love tuna and canned chunky soups. Flavored drinks, especially Capri-Sun, are a welcomed alternative to the same bottled water all the time, haha. My absolute favorite is Campbells Tomatoe Soup, with those small oyster shaped crackers, like my meemaw used to make. Thanks again for what you do. I look forward to hearing from you.

His letter to us:

Dear Rosendall family,

Thank you ever so much for the cards. I have them hung near my bunk. Its awsome to see another military family helping another soldier. I thank you for that!! This is my first deployment, but I was ready for it! It was my turn to go so I couldn't complain at all. I feel bad that some people have been 2 or 3 times and this still my first. However, that's the way it goes I suppose!
A little about myself. I am 22 and I endeavor to be a Physical Therapist. I live with my mother who is a single parent of 2. Hardest working woman I know, and the best friend I have. I owe my mother everything!! My friends tell me I am the neirdiest jock they know, haha. I love to exercise, play sports, run, jump, play, whatever!! Haha. At the same timeI play video games, card games, read, and love it all. I tell my friends that I am just well diversified and it usually suffices. Haha.
I was surprised to get your cards so quick from the Angel's program, but that works for me! I plan on going for my E-6 next August. I have to wait until then for my time in service. I recently won battalion. On th 2nd I go to another place to compete for NCO of the quarter at the Group level. Wish me luck there.
Some things that are hard to come by here are disposable bowls and cutlery. I don't know if I mentioned those are not, but they will help. I appreciate all your family does, both through military and the Angels program.

Sincerely,
Sgt Esterele, Robert

No comments: