Friday, February 09, 2007

Tamale Pie


So I was watching Rachel Ray the other day and she made a tamale pie in just 15 min. I was astonished that she could whip up a delicious looking meal in the amount of time it takes us all to get ready, get in the car and head to the local namless fast food joint. Humm, what a concept. So I tried it. This is not Rachels' recipie though, I wasn't able to find hers but I found one on a family friendly website and Willow and I got busy. I did make a few variations like not adding rasins...ick...and adding two slices of thick bacon chopped and buying the tomatos so that they contained green chilies...you know us southwest folks! It wasn't Rachel Ray but it turned out ok. Here is the recipie:
I am following Weight Watchers so I will be turning this bad mamma jamma into a suitable W.W. dish. Have fun cooking and make it your own.

No comments: